While getting ready for bed our first night in Florida, Amelia seemed shocked when I told her it was time to get to bed. She said, "I'm going to sleep in this place??". From then on, we referred to our hotel as our "Florida home" anytime we needed for her to understand which home we were talking about. Our St. Louis home was the home with Truman (our dog) and her big girl bed. 
Our "Florida home" was great! The resort was called FLORIDAYS and at 1300 sq. feet, it was the size of our first home. With 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one with a corner Jacuzzi tub), a full kitchen complete with granite counter tops, flat screen plasma TV, washer/dryer, a tiny patio, and a lush pool area, it was perfect (and quite a bit nicer than our first home)! The price was right and the reviews were great, but I was still skeptical that maybe it wouldn't live up to the hype.

The location was only 5 minutes from Sea World, 10 minutes from Downtown Disney, and about 15 minutes to the Disney theme parks. Within walking distance of the hotel, there were numerous restaurants, a Walgreens, grocery store, and a pretty nice outlet mall that we frequented twice during our stay. Needless to say, I was VERY happy!

Luckily, the weather cooperated and we were able to enjoy the pool several days during our visit. Amelia was pretty pumped as you can imagine. The pool was beautifully landscaped and they had a zero depth entry for the kiddies complete with various fountains and sprinklers. Personally, I was most impressed with my pool side margarita--not because it was especially delicious, but because it was exactly what I needed!
On the plane ride back to St. Louis while talking to the person next to her on the plane, Amelia referred to our hotel room as our "Florida home". I wish we were so lucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment