3.18.2009

Painting with Straws and Balls

I just want to start by apologizing for the half nude pictures, but I like to strip her down before any painting project as she usually ends up with more paint on herself than anything else.

I had been wanting to try "blow painting" with Amelia for some time now.  I thought she would love it!  Turns out, she doesn't.  She was quickly bored with it.  I don't think she is quite coordinated enough to hold the straw the appropriate length from the paint AND blow at the same time.  

But, lucky for Amelia, her mom is no one trick pony!  I had another painting idea up my sleeve.  This time, we grabbed an old golf ball and a shoe box lid.  We threw down some paper, added some paint, and rolled the ball around in it.  Amelia loved it so much that we had to repeat the process with every color of paint we had.

In the end, we had a great picture that was loaded with lots of paint.  I loved the finished product and placed it in the ever-growing "to be framed" pile!




1 comment:

Teacher-Mom said...

I'm so impressed by all the projects you do with Amelia. I don't know how you have the time or the patience or can think of such fun activities. Looks like the painting ended up being a success!