Amelia had a Wednesday off of school in early December. I thought it would be the perfect chance to visit her old pre-school teachers and share how well she is doing in kindergarten. When I emailed her old teacher to inquire about a visit, I assumed we would be coming either during lunch time or after school so as not to disrupt her current class.
Turns out, she wanted Amelia to come and talk about life as a kindergartener and field questions from the kids getting ready to go to kindergarten next year. This, of course, is right up Amelia's alley. She was so excited when I told her and had a running countdown in her head of how many days were left until she got to go answer questions for the pre-schoolers.
When the time came, she did great! She told them ALL about her day, favorite subjects, recess, and other the other ins and outs of being a kindergartener. She even insisted on bringing a sticker to pass out to each child post-talk.
I really cannot not enough about Amelia's pre-school--and her teacher in particular. She has taken so many opportunities to put Amelia in leadership roles and build her confidence and self-esteem--even when she is no longer a student there!
It is so hard to believe that I will be registering Henry next month to attend the same pre-school (although it will only be one day a week). It will be nice to have another little Duckling there for awhile!


No comments:
Post a Comment