3.28.2012

Down the Drain


I am starting to feel like nearly every one of my posts includes a Pinterest reference.  This is no exception.  We are big "Wacky Wednesday" people around here and for the past two years or so, I have tried to do something small, but "wacky" each Wednesday.  It may be a turning some of our hanging pictures upside down while she is at school.  Or, making her bed while she is gone with her pillow at the opposite end than usual.  Or, like this morning, placing her breakfast on the table in the spot usually reserved for Henry (and, in turn, letting her sit in his booster seat to eat her breakfast--Henry slept in BIG time this morning). 

A couple Wednesdays ago, I threw some activated glow sticks in the bath and both kids were beyond thrilled.  Seriously, I am not sure that I have ever done something so simple and received a reaction so big.  Knowing that the glow stick bath couldn't be beat, I headed to Pinterest for another fun idea.  I came up with bath tub paint and although I almost instantly messed up the paint by trying to place the muffin tin in the very shallow water thinking it would sink (it didn't and the paint was immediately watered down), the kids still had fun with it.  I will just have to repeat it down the road one wacky Wednesday night. 

No comments: