3.28.2012

Valentine's Day 2012

More often than not, my posts seem to be contain about half of the pictures I would like them to.  For instance, here are a couple of pictures from Valentine's Day, but I've not a single picture from Amelia's party, our heart shaped pizza, or the flowers Jason bought for me. I don't even have a picture with a single person in it.

But, I do have a picture of a few of the special decorations we used this year.  I saw this "Heart Attack" idea on Pinterest and decided it was a great idea for my kids.  They woke on Valentine's Day to hearts on their door with things we love about them.  This, obviously, was more meaningful to Amelia, but Henry really enjoyed looking at his and then soon thereafter, tearing them down.


And around the time of Valentine's Day, Amelia was also celebrating the 100th day of school, so we decided to hang 100 hearts from the kitchen ceiling.  It's a little difficult to get a good picture of such a thing, but it was really a fun decoration and one I plan on using next year too.  Amelia is getting really good at cutting out hearts (although she lost steam after about the 20th heart, so it was a week long project).


That night, Amelia and I made a heart-shaped pizza for dinner and Jason brought home flowers for me and some small gifts for the kids.  Pretty low key--just the way we like it. 

No comments: