7.09.2012

A Day of Firsts

I had heard a lot about the excitement of visiting Bigfoot.  It is located up near my old stomping grounds and has been around for ages, so I didn't really think it would be too exciting.  But, one summer morning, I decided to load up the kids and head North to give it a try.  Turns out, the visit was very exciting! Both kids loved it and Henry threw his biggest tantrum to date when it was time to go.


They thought it was super fun to climb in the tires and walk under the monster truck.  You can get right up on Bigfoot and I was surprised when we spent upwards of 20 minutes exploring every inch of the truck.




And if that wasn't cool enough, we stumbled inside the shop to use the bathroom only to find a whole room FULL of additional stuff to touch and play on.  The inside proved to be even MORE exciting than the outside! And all for FREE!




I had promised the kids after visiting Bigfoot that we would go and find some water to play in (hence the reason they are both in their swimming gear).  We decided to check out the new all-inclusive park in O'Fallon and it was so great! We ended up running into our very first PAT educator and we really enjoyed exploring this fun new playground.  The only disappointment was the the splash pad hadn't been completed yet.  So instead of enjoying a nice cool down on a hot, summer mid-day, we nearly melted under the summer sunshine.  





 We will definitely have to come back and do some more exploring at this new park!  And hopefully we will be able to cool off in the process!

No comments: