7.14.2012

Summer Sickness

After a very un-Henrylike morning where he was stuck to my side constantly begging me to pick him up and "nuggle" with him, I should have known something was up.  But there was no fever or other symptoms so I assumed Henry was just tired and we headed out to the Magic House as planned to meet some friends for a day of fun.  We LOVE the Magic House, you know.

Well, in the two minutes it took us to walk from our car to the side entrance of the Magic House, Henry lost his breakfast EVERYWHERE.  It was disgusting and it suddenly all made sense.  The poor kid was obviously miserable.  Thankfully he waited to upchuck after we exited from the car and before we entered the Magic House.  As sympathetic mothers passed wet wipes my way, I tried to get Henry cleaned up enough to be able to put him back in the car for the long ride home.  I was able to cover his car seat in plastic bags and Amelia offered to hold a separate bag nearby should he need it on the way home (big sis of the year!).  Poor kid, though, none of that was needed.  He was sound asleep in the backseat before we even made it back to the highway and by the time we got home, he had a nice, high fever.


Luckily, the vomiting didn't return (but I was ready) and it seemed that his fever remained along with some sores in his throat.  Upon examination, the doctor suspected the cousin to Hand, Foot, & Mouth that he had contracted in May.


Being sick in the summer just sucks!  And so does puking in front of a huge group of people, incidentally.  Luckily after a full recovery we made it back to the Magic House (where Henry proclaimed, "That's where I threw up!") before summer ended.


No comments: