Jason's mom came along for the ride and none of us could remember the last time we were down there. I think Jason and I have only been down once since we've been married and his mom thought the last time she had visited was when Jason was little. So much has changed!
One of my favorite additions are these beautiful pieces of blown glass that float in one of the reflecting pools, although I think their inclusion in the pool is seasonal.
I was most excited about seeing all of the Niki sculptures on display at MOBOT through October 31. This exhibit came to one of our favorite spots in Chicago, the Garfield Conservatory, while we were living there, but Amelia was a little young to partake in the full experience.
There are 40 beautiful mosaic on display at the garden and many of them you can touch, sit, and even climb on! Amelia wasn't too sure at first, but warmed up as we went along. I think it helped to watch other kids climb on them too!
Her favorite was this giant skull. When the sculptures first came to MOBOT, you could climb on the outside of it, up into the nose and eye regions, but for whatever reason, that is now prohibited. It didn't matter much to Amelia, she seemed to enjoy hanging out behind the teeth inside the skull. Even after we moved on to other sculptures, she kept wanting to come back to this one.
We also took a trip to the Children's Garden which is a relatively new addition to the park. Amelia wasn't too impressed, but was also wearing down by the time we got there. However, she did enjoy the water area and ended up soaking herself with this neat little spigot she found.
There was so much to see and it is all so incredibly beautiful! When Amelia is a little older and can last a little longer, I can see packing a lunch and spending the entire day here!
1 comment:
How fun! I just love MoBot! Stephen's company had that on Sunday as well. We weren't able to go though bc he had to work. Bummer bc it looked like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment