This week, I am subbing 3 days at Miriam (the school where I work part-time during the school year) for their summer camp program. Today was my first day and I really enjoyed it! They are doing an Amazing Race theme this year and learning about different countries all around the world. Today, the kids explored the beautiful country of Iceland. As many of you know, this is right up my alley.
But, I must admit, the highlight of my day was the visit from the Snow Sled AND Show Me St. Louis. The purpose of the visit was for the show to highlight this company that will come to your events and make sno cones, popcorn, and cotton candy. They were looking for some willing participants to film enjoying the snow cones and fortunately, they chose to call up Miriam and ask if they could come out to film OUR kids! It was super fun and the sno cones were so good! They also gave us loads of popcorn. All of this, free of charge no less. How did I get so lucky to be asked to sub on this day!?!?!
I chose the flavor, Tiger's Blood which was so good that I talked Jason and Amelia into getting sno cones tonight after dinner. I again ordered tiger's blood at the shaved ice place near our house, but it was not as good as the Snow Sled! I am already trying to figure out a theme for Amelia's 3rd birthday party that would allow for us to have to rent the sno cone truck!
If any of you St. Charles mommas have good sno cone places nearby, please share--I'm on the look out for a good one.
Oh, and if you want to see all of our super cute kids on Show Me St. Louis, it aires tomorrow (Thurs.) at 3:00 and again Friday morning at 10:30 AM!
2 comments:
ohhh I love sno-cones! Especially shaved ice. Now I want one.
As for Sno Cone related party ideas--Penguins, Alaska...rainbows or colors (different color sno cones)...rainbows make me think of Wizard of Oz...maybe a carnival theme...
great ideas lynn! so many choices, let the planning begin!
Post a Comment