4.01.2009

Foolin' Around

I really like the thought of April Fool's Day, but rarely ever do anything to "celebrate" it.  I mean, sure, I save articles with cute food tricks all of the time, but when it comes down to it, I either forget or am too lazy to get it all together.

But, this year that all changed!  While we were eating breakfast, I said to Amelia that it is April Fool's Day and her response was, "we are supposed to trick someone!".  I had no idea that she and her father had already discussed this "holiday", so over our morning pancakes, we developed a plan to trick Daddy!  Luckily, just yesterday I received a new Family Fun magazine with some cute April Fool's ideas.

We went with the "fish sticks" dinner and "peas" and it actually worked out pretty good!  The "fish sticks" are actually vanilla wafer cookies covered in peanut butter and rolled in crushed corn flakes.  The "peas" are watermelon flavor Airhead taffy rolled into tiny balls.  The "ketchup" is supposed to be strawberry jam, but we only had raspberry and it looked a bit darker than it should have. The fish sticks looked pretty realistic.  The peas, though?  Not so much.

To accompany dinner, Amelia and I made a tricky drink too!  It looked like some sort of red punch, but was really strawberry Jell-O!  Here are the two of them trying to sip their drinks.

And if that wasn't enough, I was intrigued by the message in the commode idea.  All you have to do is write a message on some TP using a permanent marker and float it in the water.  Amelia could hardly wait until Jason had to use the potty and pretty much as soon as he walked in asked him if he needed to go.

Amelia didn't quite understand all of the trickery going on, but she really got a kick out of watching Jason be "surprised" at all of the jokes we played.  I've already started planning for next year, FAMILY FUN has so many cute ideas!









1 comment:

The Weber family! said...

That is too cute! I bet Amelia was so excited about all her April Fools pranks!