5.04.2010

All About Month Four



Well, month four brought LOTS of changes around here! The first is a bit of an unfortunate one, I suppose. After approximately 2.5 months of sleeping through the night consistently, Mr. Henry decided to give it up. Near the middle of the month, he started waking up 2 times each night to eat--usually three hours apart. The doctor warned me that this might happen because of his large size. She thought he may get to a point where breast milk alone wasn't enough.

You can swaddle me all you want, but you can't make me sleep.

So, the next change of the month was the beginning of solid foods. I would have liked to wait a little longer, but I also really like my sleep. Where it took Amelia about 4 or 5 months to get the knack of eating, it took Henry a mere 4 or 5 minutes. Immediately, he took to the spoon and the cereal. He eats amounts already that Amelia would never even dream of consuming. Rice cereal mixed with breastmilk, formula, or even water is great with Henry. He's also a fan of oatmeal as well. Almost immediately he began having it twice each day and the first night we offered it to him in the evening, he slept all night.

Cereal, oatmeal, my fingers....it doesn't really matter, its all good!

This, of course, put us over the moon--but, unfortunately the change was only temporary. After a few nights of sleeping all night, he has started waking again. Sigh...back to the old drawing board...

This month also brought several birthday parties: Daddy's, Great Grandma Sinovich's, and Baby Elise's (who I guess is no longer a baby now that she is ONE!).


In other news, Henry decided to wait until almost exactly the four month point to get rollin'. I guess he wanted to wait until he could master front to back and back to front rolling together because he did both of them on the same day. He is slowly working his way off of his play mat and I know that it is only a matter of time before we will need to get the baby proofing going again. He is already grabbing EVERYTHING in sight and shoving it into his mouth as fast as he can. He is such a happy baby and will smile at just about anyone, at anytime, for any reason. Oh, to be that content with life!

And his four month check-up brought a surprise or two as well. First, our little man apparently has a third nipple. A triple nipple if you will. I had noticed a wart-like growth on his chest and apparently that is the verdict!


The doctor was very supportive of solids twice a day and said that by 6 months he should be having them 3 times. She had to do some seemingly painful maneuvering with his circumcision but luckily Henry didn't seem to mind it.

His stats were as follows:

Weight: 18 pounds, 5 ounces (95th percentile)
Height: 26.25 inches (91st percentile)
Head Circumference: (85th percentile)

Still a big guy!
Its hard to believe, but I guess we are on to month 5!

2 comments:

Mommy's Time Out said...

he is so freakin cute!!! can't wait to see you guys next week!!!

The Weber family! said...

What a handsome little guy! I just can't believe he is already 4 months old! He is definitely going to be a little cutie pie!