I've read numerous times that you should take your kid(s) to the grocery store and let them pick out a new fruit or vegetable that they would like to try. I thought we'd give it a go.
Amelia's first choice was cauliflower. Why? I have no idea! She wasn't impressed with it AT ALL, but luckily let me chop it up into tiny little pieces and add it to her spaghetti. She ate it, albeit unwillingly. Apparently the dog was more interested since she pulled the entire head off the counter and chomped it down while I was upstairs bathing Amelia.
So, despite the first attempt being less than successful, we gave the produce section another try. This time Amelia picked both mangoes and plums. Both were well received! Hurray!

And just yesterday, I told Amelia that its good for our bodies to eat fruits and vegetables of all colors of the rainbow everyday. And if you know my little girl, you know she latches on to anything having to do with rainbows. Yesterday, she had something from every color of the rainbow except purple. Today? Well, let's just say we need to do better. And luckily I have just the person to remind me everyday (or more like every hour actually!) about what we should be eating.
1 comment:
We do this with our kids too (mostly in hopes that Adriana will one day eat a piece of fruit), but the boys do really well. I'm glad Amelia is doing so well with it!
Post a Comment