6.03.2010

DC 2010

Henry took his first sink bath in DC.

In mid-May, Amelia, Henry, GG, and I headed out to Washington DC (or Virginia, really) to visit my brother and his family. I had a lot of concerns about who would give me more trouble on the flight--my 4 month old or my almost 4 year old.....turns out they were both pretty good!

The ride there was virtually uneventful. Henry took his first flight in stride. Not even a whimper escaped from his lips and he slept all except for about 15 minutes of the journey.



Amelia wasn't much trouble either--just very, very excited (can't you tell?). But, luckily she brought her listening ears on the plane with her and the two hour flight "flew" by.


Once we arrived at my brother's house, the fun started immediately!

The kids got some quality time at the park together and Henry took his first ride on a swing!

The kids became one with nature:

And the recycled tire mulch (which translated promptly to bathtime once we returned home).


Andrew tried to teach Amelia how to pump her legs.


While Henry mostly hung out in the shade with GG.

There was also some strawberry picking on the side of Andrew's house. Despite the slim pickin', the kids were thrilled!






We got to see not one, but TWO of Andrew's T-Ball games. So fun!



Amelia took a great interest in the plentiful dirt located near the bleachers. This, of course, also translated to an immediate bath upon our return home.

Nothing like having a hot dog at the ball game! Our all-American blonde haired, blue eyed girl!



These two couldn't be any cuter. Si or no?

GG turned 59 during our visit, so while Derek took her out to get a birthday present, we decorated the house. She was surprised and the kids did great!

Henry did great on the trip with the exception of one night. I think it had something to do with the early evening 1/2 priced frappuccino I indulged in. Lucky for him there was always about 400 things to watch going on between Amelia, Andrew, and Jacob (and Uncle D for that matter).

He got the chance to snuggle with both Aunt Amy....

and Uncle D.

With the exception of the plane ride home (think traffic+vomit+broken car seat), a good time was had by all!

This is the EXTREMELY short cliff note version because I am so behind in posting. If I get a chance, I will go back and try to fill in more details about our days!

1 comment:

Teacher-Mom said...

Love the pics- looks like Amelia had a great time playing with her cousins. Glad the flight went so smoothly.