6.12.2010

School's Out for Summer

To my surprise, Amelia "graduated" from pre-school this year! Her pre-school has mixed age classrooms so ages 3 through 5 are altogether. I knew many of the kids were moving on to kindergarten, but I didn't know that they allow every kid to "graduate" so that no one feels left out. What a surprise it was to see my little girl adorning a cap and gown upon the start of the presentation!! I didn't even bring my camera--oops!

Amelia with one of her teachers--Ms. Higgins



Amelia with her other teacher--Ms. Kirchmer

Amelia's paraeducator--Miss Lorenza


The fam at "graduation".

The graduate that Amelia decorated. She was very particular about it having blonde hair and blue eyes. She even gave it rosy cheeks.



Upon entrance into the room, Amelia could hardly contain her excitement. She was next to her best school bud, Gigi and the two of them spent the ENTIRE time giggling. I'm sure it didn't help that we were seated approximately two feet from her.


The group sang 5 songs and they did a great job. I'm pretty sure next year at her real "graduation" I will need to bring a tissue or twenty.


After the songs, each child got to cross a bridge, receive a diploma, and then tell into a microphone what they would like to be when they grow up. Amelia's answer? A princess! Where did I go wrong--ugh??

So let the summer break begin! Only 6 weeks before she is back to the books!

No comments: