12.18.2010

Trim-A-Tree

 Well, Tis the Season, so a couple weekends ago we headed out to our favorite Christmas tree farm (Home Depot) and picked out a little tree for our house.  It seems like we pick the coldest day of the year to pick our tree (or maybe I'm just getting less tolerant of the cold).  But I have found that the more chilly it is outside, the more agreeable I am to the first tree we consider.  This year, Amelia picked it out and I was cold and therefore in complete agreement.  She picked a great tree--albeit a bit HUGE!

This picture cracks me up because she truly believed that she was holding the tree to the top of the car.  You can see that the rope comes through the crack in the window and she was holding on to it for dear life during the 3 mile car road home. 


Amelia was very into the whole decorating-the-tree-concept this year, so I pretty much just let her and Henry go for it (that is until Henry broke 2 ornaments in the first 5 minutes).  She did a great job, although I will say that most of the ornaments are in a band around the tree about 3 feet up.

The ornament breaker...



When he wasn't breaking them, he was trying to eat them.  He may have set the all time record for the number of times the word "ball" has been spoken in one day.  









Yep, fun stuff!  I can only imagine it will get better year after year--at least until the teenage drama hits!

No comments: