We had been talking for awhile about returning to Orlando sometime in the winter of 2011. We diligently watched airfare and scoured vrbo.com for deals on rental homes. Everything kind of fell together very quickly and we were suddenly heading to FL in late January!
Poor Amelia, though, the trip certainly didn't seem to come quickly to her. We have been talking about saving for our trip and making countless trips to the bank for over a year now. We finally decided that making a Disney World countdown would probably be a good idea.
Amelia picked which characters she would like on her countdown chart and then we google imaged each one. She picked the picture she wanted, cut it out, and glued it in the appropriate spot. It was nice to be able to direct her to the chart when she would ask about the trip.
As she checked off boxes day after day, I noticed a slowly growing pile in her room of underwear, socks, books, and toys. "For the trip" she reassured me. Then, one night while checking on her before going to bed myself, I noticed that she had started laying out entire outfits to take--complete with coordinating shoes and jackets.
Perhaps the most important preparation was made by Jason, though. Since we had rented a house with a full kitchen, we were hoping to save some money by eating breakfasts and some lunches at the house. For Henry's birthday party, we picked up some delicious loafs of sweet breads at Costco, so Jason set out to get some for the trip as well. We had plenty of packing space and we thought the bread would make for some quick, easy, and cheap breakfasts. Turns out the breads at Costco are seasonal, but Jason did find something for the trip that he picked up.
Score!
Lastly, I had picked out this adorable pillowcase dress I was planning to replicate for the trip. I showed it to Amelia (assuming she would be as excited as me about it) and she immediately nixed it. I think her exact comment was "what are my other choices?". We did a google image for "Minnie Mouse outfit" and she picked out a random picture she liked. My mom was able to make the exact outfit from just the picture. And it turned out so cute. Admittedly, it was probably better than what I had originally planned.
So, there you have it. Disney countdown chart-check! Random princess clothes-check! Extremely large bag of M&M's-check! Adorable Minnie Mouse outfit-check!
Next stop: the house with the Mouse.




No comments:
Post a Comment