"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".
Truman and Chase
Our last night with little Truman
Truman sporting one of her winter sweaters.
Truman and I snuggling while she was still our only baby.
One of many baby kisses. This ended up being our 2006 Christmas card picture.
Her favorite spot was under the covers next to us.
Opening one of her presents--Christmas 2010.
She loved to lay in sunny spots around the house. There weren't many since we have blinds on all of our windows except 3. Amelia loved to imitate her.
She adjusted to Henry's arrival way better than she did to Amelia's arrival. Henry and Truman seemed to have mutual adoration for each other.
At our new house around July 2007.
Christmas 2005 with Chase.
After the Cardinals won the World Series in 2006
She is already missed very much around our house. Sometimes I still think I hear her breathing or see her out of the corner of my eye. Often I expect her to run down the steps. When we came back from vacation it was very strange not to be greeted enthusiastically by her. I miss her warmth, her strange groaning noises, her smell, her unconditional love, and, among other things, her ability to keep my kitchen floor clean (especially under the high chair). In my heart I know she is in a better place.


3 comments:
so sorry for you loss! I hope you find 4 legged love again soon!
Jody, I am so sorry to hear about your loss :( It is as hard to lose a pet as any other loved one in your family :(
I am very sorry Jodi. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to an old friend. When Shadow went to the "nursing home", I cried. She was part of the family almost as long as Stephen and I were married. I still have days where I miss her terribly but I know we made the right decision for her and for the kids. Didn't make it any easier though.
Post a Comment