2.04.2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Almost a month ago already, I turned 32!  To celebrate, we decided to head to a hibachi-style restaurant nearby.  In my 32 years, I have heard a lot about these types of restaurants, but have never experienced one myself.  And although this type of food isn't really my favorite, I was looking forward to it nonetheless.

I was a little worried that the fire may be too much for the kids.  So, during the day, Amelia and I watched youtube video after youtube video of hibachi grill chefs in action.  Little did I know that the huge burst of fire is something that only happens once, really during dinner.  I should have been worried about the noise--both of my children were less than thrilled with the loud sounds.

We decided to go early and order the special they had running.  It came with soup, salad, grilled shrimp, rice, vegetables and your choice of meat prepared on the grill. 

Henry especially enjoyed the soup!


Amelia took a few bites too!


My mom brought me this stupid special birthday crown to wear.


Amelia ordered mac-n-cheese and then attempted to eat it with chopsticks.


Lucky for us, the chef thought it would be fun to go around the table and flip a small piece of shrimp into everyone's mouth.  Jason was last to go, so he got 8 pieces fired to him in a row.


Next up was a neat little volcano trick.
 


It was a great time with family and I loved trying something new--even if it wasn't my preferred cuisine!  And in the end, I think the kids enjoyed it too!


No comments: