May Crowning is a special day for second graders. Not only do they get to wear their First Communion outfits again, but they are released from school for the day immediately following all school mass (about 9 am). This year, most of the second graders met up at a local park shortly after dismissal for an afternoon of playing and picnicking. It was a lot of fun for Amelia, but unfortunately the only picture I have from the day is the one above sent to me by another mother. Amelia was walking down the aisle carrying her flowers for Mary during the church service. I think at this point, we were both pretty much over the big, uncomfortable dress and veil but it was nice to have one more special before hanging it up.
Luckily they had beautiful weather and with the help of other parents, Amelia was able to play until late afternoon despite having her two brothers in tow. Second grade year has been so very special for a variety of reasons. I'm a little sad to see it coming to an end!
No comments:
Post a Comment