One of the few days that Amelia gets to let loose at school each year is Spirit Day. It is a super fun day filled with a morning parade, an entertainer, picnic lunch, and an afternoon carnival. Each year there is a theme. This year each grade level was given a color they were to incorporate into their parade costumes. 2nd grade was given green and after much deliberation, Amelia decided she would like to dress up as the Statue of Liberty! (As a side note, I have always secretly hoped she would want to be the Statue of Liberty for Halloween one year, so I was thrilled!).
For the past 3 years I have walked with Amelia's class in the parade and my mom has brought Henry to come and watch. We pretty much followed the same plan this year (with the addition of Charlie). The weather was beautiful and the kids were so
obnoxious excited!
Unfortunately, I don't have a single picture from the afternoon because I was ready to get out of there before the real chaos hit! But, Amelia came home with snow cone stained lips and a bag filled with ridiculously cheap toys so suffice it to say that she had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment