7.30.2008

GG does it again!


You may recall GG's first attempt at making Amelia a "pillowcase" dress.  It was this super cute number she sported on the 4th of July. 

Well, GG whipped up another pillowcase creation (which she claims only takes an hour or two).  Last week, we went to go see "Bee Movie", so Amelia is super excited because the dress has tiny bees on it. 

I love these types of dresses because they could NOT be any simpler to get on or off.  Plus, the same dress is supposed to fit until age 4 (or older).  When it gets too short to be a dress, you just add cute leggings, shorts, or pants underneath and the dress quickly becomes a shirt. Also, if you throw a long-sleeved shirt underneath, this dress/shirt can be worn year round.
GG has talked them up as being so "easy" to sew, that I might actually get brave and give it a go.  I am thinking about trying to make a Halloween one--that should give me enough time to get it right!



4 comments:

Jeff & Carrie Seeley said...

Maybe your mom could give a group lesson...I have been looking at attempting on also...they are just too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable dresses!

jodi said...

I mentioned it to her Carrie and now she is all excited! If you are serious, we should try to set something up!

Jeff & Carrie Seeley said...

I am serious...I would love to learn. It might have to wait a few weeks...we are moving at the end of the month..most sewing stuff is all ready packed...but yes I would love to!