If you are wondering why we were undecided about whether or not we wanted to see Mr. Mayer this year, its hard to say. We are both John Mayer fans, own numerous CD's of his, and have seen him 2 other times. But, last year when we saw him, we didn't really enjoy the concert too much. Maybe it was all the annoying faces he makes! Maybe it was the crummy weather that night. Maybe it was that he was in desperate need of a haircut that night. Maybe it was that the songs he sang, would not have been the songs I would have chosen. Maybe I had lost respect for him because he was dating Jessica Simpson at the time.

But, I must say, he redeemed himself this year. Not only is he dating a much more respectable, Jennifer Aniston (who was rumored to have been at the St. Louis concert backstage), but he was also trimmed up nicely, and sang many of my favorite songs. (Including a funky version of Daughters, which I've never heard him perform). The weather was perfect, considering it was early July--I was actually chilly despite wearing a sweater! And to top it off, his annoying faces seemed to be under control! I think the camera man just chose not to focus on them as much and instead spent a lot of time focusing on his amazing guitar handy work instead.

All in all, it was a wonderful night and we were fortunate enough to share the experience with one of my fellow mommy friends, Amy, and her husband, Trey. I sent an email out Thursday morning stating we had extra tickets, offering them up to the first person to email back that could use both tickets. Amy replied in an astounding 2 minutes after the email went out! We grabbed some dinner and drinks beforehand, although I think that some of us partook in more drinks than others. (I believe I said something about Air Supply being "magical" ?!?! ). Either way, it was a wonderful night and I'm so glad they could join us!
And, I will be looking forward to seeing John Mayer next year!
2 comments:
Glad you had a fun night out, mommies need that every once in a while. And, you are right, he does make weird faces!
Yeah, I don't remember too many of those faces from our concert - guess it was the sneaky camera man!
Post a Comment