3.26.2010

Lunch Al Fresco

We had a couple of nice days last week, so I decided to come up with another "mystery" for Amelia to solve. Once again, I gave her some clues and she had to figure out what special place we were going to visit.

Her first clue was a blanket. The next clue was her jacket. The third clue was a huge pile of food I had prepared on the counter and the final clue was the picnic basket. Yes, it took her all 4 clues to figure it out.


Amelia trying to talk me in to eating the granola bar BEFORE her sandwich. It was a no-go.

It was really beautiful out and the pond was apparently calling her name--repeatedly. After about 63 times of asking her to come back to the blanket and eat, I gave up and let her frolic around the water. It was a learning experience after all. She found out that the geese were much more interested in eating her sandwich than she was. She also discovered that they really enjoy chips.

Yep, Henry enjoyed the picnic, too, despite missing out on the same delicacies that Amelia (and the geese) enjoyed. He soaked up some vitamin D and enjoyed his milk al fresco (thanks Fancy Nancy for teaching us a new word that we love to use!).

I really cannot wait to spend more time outdoors. I certainly notice our days don't seem quite as long when we get a chance to get some fresh air and run around!

1 comment:

Teacher-Mom said...

Gotta love two things- the outdoors and Fancy Nancy books. I don't have boys to read them to, but I still think they are so cute! Glad to hear that you all enjoyed your picnic and soaking up the sun. Looks like you will have more chances for outdoor play this week.