Well, somehow two months with our little boy have flown right on by. He has had so many firsts this month as we have become more brave venturing out into the germ-ridden world. He's been to virtually every shopping venue in the area and even joined his sister on a trip to the grocery store. And, despite his mama's certainty that things would not go well, they did! He handled himself like a champ during my first stroller aerobics class of the year. And on the first 50 degree day of the year--he made his first trip to the park!
Henry continues to eat every 2-3 hours during the day, but for some reason he is willing to give up that schedule at night. He's consistently sleeping between 7.5 and 8.5 hours every night with very few exceptions. I attribute this to our patented double swaddling method. Little does he know, in the next day or two, he will be switching from the pack-n-play in our room to his crib in HIS room. Today, in fact, Amelia and I dusted off the baby monitors. I'm hoping that doesn't affect his sleeping habits.
And speaking of eating, the boy is HUGE! He had his check-up last week and his stats are as follows:
Weight: 14 lbs. 9 oz. (96th percentile)
Length: 24.5 inches (91st percentile)
Head Circumference: (85th percentile)
In case you aren't keeping track, that is a big growth spurt for the ol' noggin--something the doc reassured me as being very normal.
The doc said he is the size of an average 4 month old and told me he may need to start rice cereal in the next month or two if I cannot keep up with his needs. Hopefully that won't be necessary! I am not quite ready for all the messiness that comes with introducing food to an infant. Incidentally, he has outgrown much of his wardrobe and has started wearing 6-9 month clothes already! We just switched him to size 2 diapers as well.
Apparently, he also has a bit of a flat head on his right side, so I am trying to make an effort to keep him from favoring that side all of the time.
Henry spends his days smiling and chatting and watching his big sister accessorize him. He is a pretty easy going little guy. Baths are a treat for him and he (usually) doesn't mind trips in the car. He also enjoys looking at ceiling fans and trying to figure out why his canine sister barks so much. He is s l o w l y coming around with tummy time and instead of just laying his head down and crying he actually has been putting it up and looking around.
All in all, I cannot ask for a better start to this life as a family of four.
2 comments:
I have to laugh -- my daughter had her 6 month checkup yesterday and weighed 13 lbs, 10 ounces and was 24 3/4 inches long. What a difference between the two kiddos!
Love the pictures of Henry, especially all swaddled up! Swaddles are wonderful aren't they? What great grins he has!
Nice purple Bumbo. And I love that crooked little smile of his.
Post a Comment