My mom claims she "always" used to take my brother and I to the drive-in when we were young. However, I have NO recollection of these trips and it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I really knew what the drive-in was like.
I had decided to surprise Amelia with a trip to the Skyview Drive In Movie Theatre in Belleville, IL. I gave her clues all day long and she was downright puzzled. Right before we left, I told her she needed to change into her pajamas and that really threw her off.
I talked my mom into joining us since she has a car with a hatchback. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been the same experience in my Accord. It certainly wouldn't have been as comfortable either!
She finally figured out what the adventure was we were pulling up. We left Henry at home with Jason since the movie didn't even start until almost 9! And that was the first movie, the second one started around 11. We saw Cars 2 and it was a huge success. Although, to be honest, any time there are snacks and a movie involved, it is pretty much always a success! I look forward to the days when I can bring both kids to do something like this, at an age when they will surely remember it!


1 comment:
We've been to Skyview a couple of times...so much fun!!
Post a Comment