8.16.2011

On the Line


Amelia has been enjoying reading The Little House books with me and learning more about pioneer families.  We decided one day to cut out some little clothes from scrap fabrics we had around the house.  Then, I hung a clothesline in the playroom and let Amelia go to town hanging all of the little clothes.  She was pretty happy with it until she noticed a picture of a washboard in one of the books.  I told her we would check out the antique mall down the street and if there was a reasonably priced one available, we would buy it so that she could get a more authentic idea of how laundry was done in Laura and Mary's time.  She even offered to use her own money for the purchase. We haven't made it up there yet, but I am reminded about it every day (and twice a day if we pass the antique mall)!

No comments: