8.15.2012

First Day of Preschool

With mixed emotions, I decided it was time for Henry to head off to pre-school.  He is lucky enough to have a winter birthday (Did you hear that?  I just identified a winter birthday advantage!), which in our school district allows him to attend a program called "Minds in Motion".  It's for children who are at least 2 years, 6 months when the school year begins.  Being a boy (and a mischievous one at that), I figured an extra year of pre-school certainly wouldn't hurt him.  He will attend (with his super cool Lightning McQueen backpack) school on Mondays only for 3 hours each week.  Just right!





Man, I love this picture.  Henry's face is priceless.  Amelia starts school a couple weeks after Henry so she was around for his first day festivities.  We only had to remind her a couple of times that it is HENRY'S special day.


He was pretty excited to have a special place for his backpack.  After the first day, his picture was on this tag too.



He immediately attached himself to this tractor and not surprisingly it has remained a favorite on into year 2 of pre-school (one of the few advantages to being so behind on this blog is that I can make comments like that).


He got a glowing review from his teacher after day 1 (she called each parent to let them know!).  We celebrated with a little trip to the park after pick up.


And despite it being Henry's special day, Amelia declared it the perfect day to cross the monkey bars from start to finish all by herself! A special day indeed for both Ward children!


No comments: