8.01.2012

Indiana/Kentucky Road Trip: Day 4

Our first morning waking up in KY started with a walk to Bread Co. and some perusing of derby statues along the way.



Although, if it were up to Henry, he wouldn't have left this spot all day long--especially once he got sight of the riverboats.

 

I wasn't sure the kids would enjoy visiting the Louisville Slugger factory and I wasn't sure if Henry should be even be allowed in a factory of any sort. I am so glad we took the gamble, though!  It was really interesting and pretty kid friendly!


Note Amelia forcing her brother to "look" at the camera.  This was take 53.



And they had fun props to keep the kids occupied while we were waiting for the tour to start.


Watching some bats getting made.  Much to my surprise and delight, Henry actually stayed behind the chains.  At least most of the time.


I'm not sure how I missed a picture of them with their mini souvenir bats they received. But the tour guide was nice enough to track down a special pink bat for Amelia and a black one for Henry.  All of the rest of us got the plain 'ol natural wood ones.

After the tour the kids played around in the kids area.

And all of us took some batting practice!




We loved riding around Louisville on the FREE trolley!  This town was much more fun than I had imagined it would be!  The hotel where we stayed has a huge Christmas display that starts in November and I'd love to come back and spend some more time here!

Unfortunately, we only scheduled a day (like 24 hours) in Louisville so after cruising on the trolley, we were on the road again.  The kids loved getting all of the big rigs to honk.  They were super successful!  I am sure the number of honks is directly related to your child's adorableness. 



We arrived in Indianapolis and got checked into our (least favorite) hotel. We did some walking around downtown, grabbed dinner, and then some ice cream. Later that night we got the news that Jason's brother got engaged that day!  The kids were ecstatic, especially after he asked both of them to be in the wedding. Then, it was off to bed to rest up for our final full vacation day!


No comments: