6.21.2009

Father's Day continued...

Father's Day 2009 was definitely my favorite since Jason's been a dad.  We got to see so much of our family and also got to enjoy time together with just us, too.   I had it in my head that I really wanted to make Jason and my dad bookmarks this year with photo booth pictures of Amelia and I.

So, on Friday we headed to a local mall and scouted out all of the photo booths available.  Sounds ridiculous, right?  I had no idea there were so many varieties!  I was just getting ready to give up and head to mall #2, when I finally found what I was looking for (it was seriously the 8th booth I had looked at).  And, since "Introduce Amelia to the fun of a photo booth" is an item on my 101 things list, I felt like I was killing two birds with one stone.

Amelia had a blast!  Seriously, it has to be the best $3 I have ever spent for her entertainment.  Too bad it went by so fast, we will definitely have to go again.  

Later at home, she helped me pick up paper to use on the bookmarks for both dad and papa.  I was really happy with the way they turned out!

Daddy's Bookmark:


Papa's Bookmark:

These would make a great addition if you are giving a book as a gift!  I wish I would have thought of that a little earlier...


After assembling the bookmarks, Amelia and I worked on creating a scavenger hunt for Father's Day morning.  We wrote 7 clues, including this one:

"When people come to our house, this is where they knock.
It's white, six-paneled, and has a dead bolt lock".

Amelia wasn't to sure about this whole hunt thing, luckily she got on board Sunday morning.

We started the day  by taking Jason the Sunday newspaper and coffee in bed.  Amelia hand delivered his card which contained the first clue for the scavenger hunt.  Some of the clues were connected to treats (like candy or the bookmark) and it was fun watching Amelia drag Jason all over the house--all three levels and even outside!

Some of the scavenger hunt clues:

He finally found his gift (a new saute pan that will really be a gift to us all!) in Amelia's playhouse outside.  After the hunt, it was time for breakfast.  The menu included French Toast Casserole and a fresh fruit salad.


After breakfast, it was Jason's idea (I swear) to tackle the basement and get it organized.  Since it was his day, I had to oblige.  After a couple hours of group effort in the underground, the basement came out looking so much better.  So good, in fact, that I will soon be able to check out another item on my 101 list--"Organize basement so that everything fits on two shelving units".  We maybe have another hour to go and it will be done!

Later in the day, we all took lunch to GG and Papa's house and then after naps had dinner with Jason's family.  It was really a full, fun-filled day and I am so lucky to have spent it with so many of my favorite people! And perhaps even more lucky to have such wonderful people in my life!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the bookmark idea!

Camille said...

Those photos are so amazing. Great idea! I'm thinking xmas.

Juliane said...

I loved the bookmark idea right when I saw it and stored it in my mind for the future.
Now I actually made one and Roman got it after an exam he had today.
He loved it! (Raffi and Hannah were not quite as cooperative as Amelia though:-); the fourth picture is one of me alone because at that point I couldn't hold them in the booth anymore...)