You may have noticed that I am not one to post many recipes on the ol' blog. That is due, in part, to laziness and also just a blah feeling about cooking in general. It is certainly NOT my favorite thing to do--not even in the top 25.
And for the record, I didn't actually make this recipe either--Jason did (I know, big surprise). But, I felt so strongly about it that I couldn't keep it a secret! I didn't actually take a picture of the end product (it was destroyed too fast!), but as you can see from the look of pure joy on Amelia's face, this thing was GOOD!
Without further ado:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Pie
1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk, divided
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1-9 inch graham cracker crust
1-8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups frozen whipped cream, thawed
Combine 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Place 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture in a resealable plastic bag for drizzle, set aside. Spread remaining chocolate evenly over bottom of pie crust. Chill for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat remaining condensed milk, cream cheese, and peanut butter with a mixer until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon over chocolate layer.
Cut corner off bag with reserved chocolate and drizzle over pie.
Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Makes 8-10 servings.
What's great about this recipe is that even though we shared the pie with 2 other people, it was still too much. I stuck it back in the freezer and it kept great....for a few days...until it was GONE!
1 comment:
You had me at chocolate peanut butter. The world's best combination!
Post a Comment