Amelia's pre-school using the "Handwriting without Tears" program to teach children, well, handwriting. I don't know much about the program, but I do know that it means the kids get to practice writing letters in fun mediums like shaving cream and salt.
In her last newsletter, it was suggested that parents give shaving cream a try at home with their kids too. So we did and it was fun!
When we got sick of drawing shapes and letters, we reached for the food coloring. To start, I put a little of yellow on one side and a little blue on the other. Amelia is convinced magic is what turned the shaving cream green!
3 comments:
I love doing this with allie you can also do it with whip cream and pudding!
Shaving cream is a great way way to clean too. We use it to clean our desks at school. I know it sounds gross, but somehow it gets the deep down dirt!
Hmmm,.....may have to give it a try. Sean LOVES playing with food coloring and water.
Post a Comment