Some moms from my playgroup have taken the opportunity to head to Cuivre River State Park in Troy a couple of times this summer. Their final visit was scheduled for last week and Amelia and I decided to tag along. I am so glad we did!
I hadn't been to this particular watering hole since Jason and I were dating. It hasn't changed much and I could not have asked for a better day with our friends! The weather was great, the beach wasn't too crowded, and Amelia had a fantastic time!
She would be hard pressed to pick what she liked better--playing in the sand or playing in the water. In fact, three days and two baths later, I am still trying to get all of the sand from her scalp!
She even found some shells! She looks less than thrilled here about them, but rest assured it was pretty exciting for her. In fact, they are still nestled in her car seat and travel with us wherever we go.
If I wouldn't have been so comfy resting under a huge umbrella in my beach chair, cold beverage in hand, I may have gotten some more pictures from the day. But alas, I was pretty preoccupied with catching up with friends and snacking in the shade. Just trust me when I say, a wonderful day was had by all!
No comments:
Post a Comment