Well considering we have about 3 months until Baby Pom Pom shows up, we decided we better get going on the little one's room. We've been clearing things out slowly and I finally decided to pick a color to throw on the wall. But, as Jason pointed out, there is no room in our house that only contains one color, so I actually picked two...
We have a long way to go, but it feels great to see progress. I will, of course, post nursery pics when it is all said and done. I'm sure this will be within days of the baby's arrival.
We picked a gender neutral green that will hopefully be just right for Baby Pom Pom. I am pairing it with a chocolate brown which tends to look pretty boyish, but I am hoping I can girl it up a bit if need be.
Luckily, we had LOTS of help with the painting.
Do you think Baby Pom Pom will mind if Amelia' name is painted on the wall?
I know a certain someone who thought it was great...
In addition to getting the closet organized and the room painted, I was lucky enough to snag a few new things to put into the room. My playgroup, for which I am eternally grateful on a daily basis, threw a baby shower for the four moms expecting fall/winter babies. Baby Pom Pom got tons of diapers, wipes, wash clothes, clothes, and other baby necessities. It is really exciting to have a couple of new things for him/her and it makes the whole thing more real finding a spot for these things.
My dear, talented friend, Susie made me some really special gifts. I taught her on Thursday how to applique and then on Friday she blew me away with an appliqued onesie, bib, and burp cloth. Seriously, she is amazing. Not only did she applique, but she stitched around the fabric, added embellishments, etc. Did I mention she has two small children? I have a bit of an owl theme going on in the nursery, so this was great!
I have been busy giving the old changing table a fresh coat of paint and changing the accent colors to match the new room. The crib has been constructed and I even found a perfect crib skirt and several sheet sets that look like they were made to match the room. I have fabric picked out for the windows. Things are coming along, slowly, but surely. This weekend I am hoping to start bringing up the many, many rubbermaid containers of clothes. I would like to start figuring out what I have and what I need--although thanks to my playgroup moms, it won't be much!
No comments:
Post a Comment