12.15.2009

Dance Class Finale

I hesitate to actually call this a "recital", but I guess it as close as a three year old can come to one while taking a dance class through the Park District. I think the brochure refers to the final night of the six week class as a "See What We've Learned Performance", but recital is a little shorter, so I'll go with that.

Here, I asked her to show me her best ballerina smile.



We enjoyed the class, but 1 hour for the 3-4 year old set is a LONG time.









I was pretty proud of my girl for doing such a great job during her last class. There is something really cute about little girls in pink leotards trying to dance with the same grace and poise as their teacher.






Not only was Amelia's "recital" attended by her mom and dad, but GG, Papa, and Grandma also came to check it out. We also have the WHOLE hour on tape if anyone is interested ;)

Part of the reason Amelia did such a great job during her recital was because one of the kids spotted some cupcakes the teacher brought in and informed all of the other kids of their presence. Amelia pretty much went straight for the icing, but got a couple of cupcake bites in there too!




1 comment:

DEREK said...

"There is something really cute about little girls in pink leotards trying to dance with the same grace and poise as their teacher."

And the little boy right next to her in sweatpants and a t-shirt!