We've done many of the suggestions so far, but the PAT class also gave us a few projects to work on with our children and I decided I better get them out! The first is a birthday cake coloring page--you know, since its the baby's "birth day". Amelia decorated it the way she wanted and I told her that it would go with us to the hospital to hang near the baby's bed so he or she could see it. She thought that was a great idea!
After I took this picture, she even added a little drawing of herself next to the cake. At some point, we will be putting the baby's name on the cake.
The next project is supposed to help the baby enjoy "tummy time" a little more. Amelia put all of the pieces together and glued them on with great precision.
The finished project! It stands up and gives the baby something to look at while they are on their tummy. It is also done in the black, white, and red hues that babies apparently love.
PAT also gave us some black/white drawings to mount on black paper and hang near the changing table so that the baby has something to look at during diaper changes. I decided to add to the creepy guy they provided with a few simple drawings of my own. Amelia liked coloring in the "pattern".
Hopefully these things will make Baby Pom Pom super calm and content (one can dream, no?)! If nothing else, we really enjoyed making them together as a family!
1 comment:
Amelia's gonna make a great big sister! I'm glad you embellished the unibomber they provided. Stranger danger!
Post a Comment