Ahhhh....what a great feeling to know that Baby Pom Pom has officially reached Full Term status. I was terrified that I would (for some reason) go into pre-term labor this time around. I think this concern was mostly fueled by my fear of the H1N1 virus. Come to find out I did ALL of that worrying for NOTHING! One of these days, I might learn....
So along with the "how are you feeling?" question, I have been getting the "are you ready?" question a lot. I could give the short answer and say yes. Or mabye I would say no. Because pretty much given the day and time, the answer changes. Of course, it also depends on what is meant by the term "ready".
For instance, am I physically ready to be done with this pregnancy?
Yes! The getting up 3-5 times each night is wearing on me. And I'm huge and uncomfortable and lacking energy.
Am I ready to be done with pregnancy in general given that this is 99% likely my last one?
I think so, but it makes me sad occasionally to think about it.
Is the room ready?
Uh, sort of. I mean a baby could comfortably sleep in there. The clothes are washed and hung and their is a ridiculous surplus of diapers. Although I am sure it won't be 100% to my specifications before baby arrives.
Are you ready for sleepless nights?
No!
Are you ready to figure out how to divide your time fairly between two children?
Er, no?
Are you ready for the guilt trips that you will get from your oldest AND youngest, possibly simultaneously?
Definitely not.
Are you ready to meet your little bundle of joy?
YES! I am getting very eager to learn his or her gender especially!
There you go! I guess from now on when someone asks, "Are you ready" I will just refer them to my blog. For what its worth, I feel a lot more ready than I ever did with Amelia. I wouldn't say that I DREADED her arrival because that wouldn't be entirely accurate, but I knew once she arrived everything would change for us and the changes are what I dreaded.
At this point in my pregnancy with Amelia (3 weeks until the due date) we were moving in with my parents after selling our house quicker than expected. We had to give one of our dogs back to her previous owner, prepare for a move to a new city in a new state, and put a lease on an apartment that we never once saw before move in day. Jason was changing jobs (and so was I for that matter). Things were pretty stressful to say the least and I knew that as long as Amelia stayed put, those things would not happen either. Luckily, it all worked out much better than we could have ever imagined and we survived all of those enormous life changes coming at us at once.
So, this time around, my only added stressor is Christmas and I think I can handle that given that I've had 30 years of practice.
So am I ready? Sure, bring it on Baby Pom Pom. Let's get this thing started!
1 comment:
We're all ready, too! =) So excited for you guys, I cannot wait to hear the news!
Post a Comment