This year's Easter celebration was insanely busy, but equally as fun. I will try to keep this short and sweet (which incidentally was very different from our day!).
Our morning started at a respectable 7 AM, with a scavenger hunt set up by the BIG bunny himself (more on that in the next post though). Then it was the typical egg hunt at the ol' homestead. Amelia hunted 29 eggs in record time!


Here's Henry trying to figure out what the heck his sister is so excited about.

The Easter bunny opted to bring Henry a truck this year until his family has the chance to pick him up an Easter basket. He was "digging" it!


He also got a new sun hat. The good news is that he desperately needed one. The bad news? It won't fit him until he's like 4.

This picture was taken shortly before Amelia started hitting up Jason for a piece of candy. It went something like this, "Mommy, uh, I mean Daddy, can I have a piece of candy?". She obviously has learned who she has the best shot with!

Shortly thereafter, it was on to house #2: GG and Papa's. The Easter Bunny had made a stop there, too, apparently. He decided to do an outside hunt which was a nice change for the little one. There were 20ish eggs to find there, all hidden in the front yard. All were walked right past by Amelia when we went from the car to the house upon our arrival. She practically had to step over some to make it to the front door!



Amelia decided to take a break mid-hunt to pick some flowers. Check out those coordinating purple nails!

This picture is far from Eastery, but cute nonetheless. In case you don't know, my mom has an obsession with Betty Boop and has an entire shrine-like bathroom dedicated to her. Amelia loves to get in there and find breakable things. I went to check on her and she was (no surprise) in the room goofing around. I loved her little "busted" smile!

Handsome Henry! He looked so sharp in his button down green striped shirt and his matching argyle sweater vest. Too bad it was like 85 degrees. He shed that outfit SUPER fast by the time we got to house #3.

And speaking of house #3, this is the ONLY picture I took there. I have a really bad habit of starting out strong and then fizzling quickly with my picture taking.

House #3 had yet another outdoor egg hunt and more food to eat. By the time we reached house #4, both kids were wiped! (As were Jason and I!).

The short nap for the two little ones, did them well. The final egg hunt of the day was a nighttime one. We waited until it got very dark and then everyone headed out with flashlights to find some eggs. It was really fun, but I think we were missing 15ish eggs by the time we gave up finding anymore!
So, like I said it was lots of fun and very exhausting! We are so lucky to have such great families to celebrate holidays with. Everyone is so generous with our children and it is always a wonderful time!
No comments:
Post a Comment