4.26.2010

Wee Ones Workout

I LOVE our district's Parents As Teachers program (and I'm not just saying that because my educator is an occasional reader of the blog). A few weeks ago, we dropped Amelia off at school and then went to Wee Ones Workout for birth-24 month olds. I ALMOST didn't go because I saw the woman in charge unloading a sit-n-spin and a mini trampoline and I kept wondering what she could possibly bring for Henry to do.

Turns out, she had TONS for Henry. Quite unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera, but I can assure you that he enjoyed himself immensely being rubbed with a feather, kicking a "kick board", rolling on a bolster, and magic blanket riding around the room. Perhaps his favorite thing, though, was a water bottle filled with shiny beads and sparkly pom poms. He was mesmerized by its beauty and hypnotized by its melody when shaken.

So, after we picked Amelia up from school (she will never know this, but the Wee Ones Workout was in the same building as her school), we came home and made our very own plastic bottle rattle.

This was right up Amelia's alley. She got to cut apart one of her thousands of bead necklaces and pick out appropriate pom pom's (no pink was her rule!) to put inside the bottle.

It was a big hit with Henry too! No surprise there!

No comments: