9.27.2011
Lacing Up
Amelia has never been too interested in learning to tie her shoes. And I haven't been much help, considering I can probably count on one hand the number of shoes with laces that she has ever owned. But, we checked out a book on CD called "Countdown to Kindergarten" and the character has near panic attacks because she doesn't know how to tie her shoes before starting kindergarten and she thinks she will be the only one. I won't give away the ending (I can tell you are on the edge of your seat), but after we listened to that story many, many, many times in the car, Amelia decided she was ready to give it a go. She had received the Melissa & Doug wooden shoe for Christmas from her friends Natalie and Emma and she finally put it to use! Once she was ready, it only took a couple days to get it completely mastered. And later that same day she was double and triple knotting! She was very proud of herself and we were so proud of her too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment