9.29.2011

Pack it Up, Pack it In

My aunt Phyllis has been involved with G4U for a long time.  It is an organization that collects and packs "goodies" for deployed troops each month. She has often invited us out to Warrenton to help on packing day. Since I knew this was probably our last chance to help for awhile with Amelia starting school (they pack Friday mornings), we jumped at the chance to go.  It was great to see such a great, organized group in action.  Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures (and neither are that good really) because I spent much of my time chasing Henry around and attempting to keep him happy.

The group has an assembly line type method of packing bags which was perfect for Amelia.  She excitedly took one item from each bin for her bag (and picked "pink" things as often as she could).  Then, she joined the line and went through it again. 


We are hoping to help again when it aligns with Amelia's school schedule.  In the meantime, we are collecting items and making pictures and cards to send along with the packages.  When I heard they have a shortage of letters from kids, I knew just the person to put on the job!

No comments: