12.03.2011

Custard and Choo Choos

One lovely fall morning, Henry and I had a little errand to run in downtown Kirkwood.  We arrived slightly earlier than we needed to and the store we needed to visit wasn't yet open.  I've always liked that area and thought we would walk around a bit.  Our parking spot was right across from a fire station--a big hit with Henry, of course.  After we had enough of that, I took him over to the train tracks, hoping to kill a few more minutes there. 


Well, it must have been our lucky day!  We walked by the custard shop near the tracks where the owner was hosing off his porch.  A little while later, he came over to the bench where we were sitting and asked if Henry could have some frozen custard that his wife had just made.  I have never been one to turn down a treat of any sort and the fact that it was not yet 9:00 am was certainly not going to stop me.  
And if that wasn't awesome enough, while we were waiting for our custard to be delivered, along comes a huge train don the tracks!  Henry could hardly contain himself. I think he was a little surprised at how loud the train was and confused that it never actually said "choo choo" at all. 



Needless to say, it was a pretty special morning for him (and me).

No comments: