Since I'm fairly familiar with pillowcase dresses and I seriously love their cuteness (and Amelia's days of wearing them are probably numbered....) I decided to try my hand at a few more for the fall/winter.
I saw a similar jack-o-lantern dress online and couldn't locate the fabric I wanted at the store. I settled on this orange and it turned out okay, but in all, this is not one of my favorite dresses. And to add insult to injury, I need to change out the (already fraying) ribbon for next year and probably lengthen it a bit as well. But, with that said, it held up for the season and a trip or two to the pumpkin patch.
The second dress I made, though, is one of my all-time favorites. Copied straight from an internet dress, it wasn't really my usual taste. I actually made the dress itself LAST fall and it sat for an entire year waiting for it's elephant applique. I love the black, white, and red (I even used red thread for all of the stitching). It is definitely a dress that works year round and I've received many compliments. My only problem? It takes some convincing to get my little lady in the dress--you know, since it lacks the color pink or anything "fancy".
(I'm not sure why she is modeling with a cup, please just go with it)
Side Note: Do you see all that stuff in the background? That is not how my dining room typically looks. That, my friends, is the beginning of what helped raise over $20,000 for my friend who lost her husband. My dining room was Donation Central and it got so crowded that I couldn't even walk through the room.




1 comment:
I always enjoy your creations/creativity but I REALLY love that elephant dress!
Post a Comment