5.19.2012

End of Year Teacher Gifts

Having been a teacher myself for a few years, it has always been a top priority to me to make sure my kid's teachers feel appreciated!  It can get very, very tricky though when there are so many who need appreciating!  In kindergarten, Amelia had her classroom teacher and SIX teacher aides.  Not to mention art, music, computer, etc. teachers!

Thankfully with some help from pinterest, careful planning, and a load of coupons we were able to give a little gift to everyone.

The teacher aides got a nice reusable cup with lemonade packets inside.  I found these super cute printables that say, "Thank you for quenching my thirst for knowledge" and "Thank you for being a great "ade" for our class".  Fun and perfect for the start of summer! 

 For Amelia's classroom teacher, I decided to give a flower and Bread Co. gift certificates.  I found this cute idea also on pinterest and decided to give these folded flower "tag" a try.  After reading through the somewhat complicated directions, I decided to just try to do it my own way.  Luckily (eventually) I won, but it is not a project that I am eager to recreate.  I like the way it turned out though!  The inside of the flower tag says, "Thanks for helping me GROW up great!".  I would have liked to have been able to edit out the "up great" part, but couldn't quite figure it out before I was out of time--so, it stayed.




All in all, I was happy with the outcome and really felt the teachers appreciated the personal touch.  And my pinterest board is already buzzing with some ideas for the first grade year!

No comments: