5.28.2012

Friend Birthday Party #6

Amelia had her friend birthday party over Memorial Day weekend.  What a busy time of year!  With the end of school, gymnastics performance, birthday, and a party or two things were crazy.  I took the easy way out for her friend party this year and rented an indoor playground at a local church.  It was definitely the easiest party I've ever thrown!  

I still wanted to do a "theme" and we finally settled on polka dots.  None of my party pictures are really that great.  Something about hosting 30 children at an indoor playground leaves little time for good looking pictures.....

Here are the invites.  They were pretty simple, thanks to my mom's Cricut machine.  I also did a little sewing on them just for the fun of it! I had the colored envelopes left from a party I held about 5 years ago!





There really wasn't much space to decorate, but I wanted to do a little bit where I could.  There was a long table where the kids ate cake and ice cream. I loved the idea I saw on Pinterest to use wrapping paper as a table runner.  I fell in love with this polka dot paper from Hobby Lobby.




I think the button "6" was also a Pinterest find.  Certainly not necessary, but fun and easy to do.  And, now it is hanging in Amelia's room.



This is the only picture I got of the party favors and it is awful at best.  All the things inside where spherical (or at least circular).  My favorite was the button candy.  Amelia and I also made up button rings for the girls.  They were really cute!


Homemade cupcakes with skittles on top along with ice cream was it for the food!  I picked up some juice boxes and water for the parents too.  But, man was that easy!


Here's a picture of the indoor playground.  It kept the kids busy for the whole 2 hours (with a short break in the middle for cake, ice cream, and presents).


Here's the gang of kids that celebrated with us!  (Those who weren't camera shy, anyway).  Mostly kindergarten school friends came with a couple others from pre-school.  Our neighbors and Amelia's very best friend she went when she was 1 were also there.




I'm so thankful that both grandmas wanted to come and help out at the party.  And lots of parents stayed too!  




We even did polka dot nails for the big day!


Henry wasn't so sure about riding home in the backseat with all of the balloons...


The party girl was crashed out by 2:00!  I love that my 6 year old will still nap on occasion!



It was a great party with friends!  Now on to the real birthday!

No comments: