5.18.2012

Spirit Week 2012

We had our first experience with Spirit Week at the end of the kindergarten year!  It all started with crazy hair day...



 Our version was very easy to implement and relatively painless. It also involved glitter hairspray--a definite plus.  I had the pleasure of working lunch duty on Crazy Hair Day, so I have lots of ideas for next year!  The rest of Spirit Week involved days like St. Joe Sports Uniform day! And Cardinals Jersey Day! Nothing too exciting to bother dragging the camera out for.


But no worries, I made up for it on the last day of Spirit Week.  Each grade was assigned a country for the annual St. Joseph Spirit Week Parade through the streets of Cottleville.  This turned out to be great fun and we had the perfect day for it!  The kindergarteners were assigned the country of China.  Since I somehow got volunteered to hold the Kindergarten Banner during the parade, almost all of my pictures are from before and after we marched.

 Best Buds: Kylie, Amelia, and Natalie.

 That outfit we brought back from San Francisco's China Town came in handy after all!


Jacob and Amelia


When Amelia was asked about her favorite part of kindergarten, her response was "Megan and Ava".  Here are the three of them together: Megan, Amelia, and Ava.



GG was awesome enough to bring Henry to the parade and he loved every minute of it.  Even months later, he still talks about the giant shopping cart he saw at least once a week.  Apparently, he cried when the parade was over :(


Because my mom is so awesome, she also agreed to take Henry for the rest of the day so that I could enjoy the afternoon with Amelia at school.  All the kids had lunch in the classroom before heading out for the Spirit Day carnival.


Mrs. Bell's kindergarten class.  2011-2012


First stop once outdoors was face painting!  This was right at the beginning of Amelia's Harry Potter obsession (which is still in full swing).  We had finished Book One just a few days before.  The poor parent volunteer who painted Amelia's face wasn't at all familiar with Harry Potter (huh?) and didn't get it quite right.  Luckily, Amelia was thrilled with the result and enjoyed sporting her new face for the remainder of the afternoon.


McDonald's gave out free smoothies...mmmmm!


The water fight was a popular spot and no surprises that Amelia came away soaking wet!  I have video of her and another little boy drenching each other. Nothing like trying to get shoes and socks back on little wet feet.



I think our little group had a great time together! They were so cute! I really loved Amelia's kindergarten class.  There were some great kids and great parents.  I am hoping for an equally fun next 8 years!





No comments: