5.28.2012

Bookworm Baby


From very early on, Amelia has been quite the bookworm.  I have memories of rainy days in my bed together reading stacks and stacks of books until I could no longer stand it (and I love to read!).  She would outlast me every single time.  And to this day, it never fails--when there is a rainy day outside she always says, "This is the perfect day to read in bed all day".  Books are in every room of our house at all times and we have a whole library in our car.

Now that she is a kindergarten graduate, much of her reading can be done on her own.  She was reading proficiently going into kindergarten and I cannot believe how much her reading has grown!  One of the best things about summer will be more time for trips to the library and more time to read!

No comments: