6.08.2009

Play Time

If you know Amelia, you know she has an undying love for all things princess and her beloved Belle tops that list!    I am still confused as to where she gets all of this girly girl stuff from, but I have decided to stop fighting it.  On occasion, I will even indulge her with opportunities to get all princessified.

When my friend, Sarah, emailed me with a subject line of "I bet Amelia would love this!", I was intrigued.  The email contained information about a Beauty and the Beast theater performance she had come across that was put on by a group called Life Light Theater.  Although I had never heard of the group before and the performance was in Wentzville, I didn't think I could pass up the chance to take Amelia.

Upon further inspection of the website, I noticed the group was also hosting a "Mrs. Pott's Tea Party".  Check out this description!

Belle and Mrs. Potts extend a personal invitation to all the Princesses and Princes to attend the Belle and Mrs. Potts Tea Party and Luncheon for an enchanting afternoon full of fantasy and fun.  Guest will meet their favorite Beauty and the Beast characters while enjoying  delicious tea sandwiches, Fairy Wand fruit kabobs, sweet treats, get autographs in their take -home memory book, and lots of picture opportunities with Disney's Beauty and the Beast characters in a festive setting.  Don't forget your camera!

Once again, I was totally hooked.  So we attended the Tea Party on Thursday night with Amelia's friend, Natalie and then the play performance on Friday with Jason.  

Even though I played up the tea party as part of a birthday surprise we had planned for her, I didn't tell her where we were going.  She didn't care, though,  Amelia just loved the chance to wear her Belle dress again!   ( You may remember she was Belle for HALLOWEEN).  As we were entering the building, one of the ladies ahead of us turned around and said, "Oh, are you guys here for the tea party?" and Amelia said, "No".  She was totally clueless, but happy to be along nonetheless.

Trying to capture some of the tea party decorations...



Dining on "magic wand fruit kabobs" and chicken salad sandwiches.


The fancy dessert that looked like a tiny wedding cake.  Amelia pretty much destroyed the cake so that she could eat only the strawberry icing in between the cake layers.

The costumes were really impressive.  Here is Amelia with Mrs. Potts.  She was very unsure when all of the characters arrived.  This was the only person she agreed to have her snapshot taken with.  She was especially wary of Gaston--smart girl!

All of the characters...

Amelia agreed to have her picture taken with everyone on two conditions:  1.  I had to be in the picture with her.  2.  She would not stand anywhere near Gaston.

Still seem to be missing the ol' smile here.

Jason and I got a pretty big kick out of taking her to the play Friday night.  She again wore her Belle dress and was so excited to see all of the characters she knows and loves come alive on the stage.  She clapped with great enthusiasm and cried when intermission came--"I want to see the rest of the plllllaaaaaayyyyy!".  She was fine once she understood it was only a break.  If snack consumption is any indication of her interest in the play, she didn't even request a single snack until about 15 minutes into the second half.  This is unprecedented.

The youth in this production really did a fantastic job!  I will be keeping my eye open for future performances they decide to put on.

The night went so well, that we are planning on taking her to the Muny later this month to see Annie--another favorite movie of hers.  (and a non-princess one!  yeah!).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome! I'm so glad that she liked it! I'm thinking that I should've taken Lily now. LOL!

Sarah said...

P.S. Lily loooves Annie too. What day are you going? I wanted to try for Friday night tickets, but I'm a wuss and won't drive down there- so Matt would have to take us and then do something else with Sophia. So, it probably won't be happening. :(