I (finally) got Amelia signed up for dance class through our local park district and her first meeting was last week. The class is half tap and half jazz and lasts for 6 weeks. I have no real expectations for the class, especially after having attended the first one!
As you can see, she was pretty "jazzed" about going. Although, I think it might have been based more on getting to dress up in something new more than anything else.
(Notice in our picture taken BEFORE we left for class, she is appropriately dressed in a leotard and hole-free tights).
Not that you can see it in this picture, but apparently there was a string on her tights begging to be pulled on the way to class. When I went to get her out of her car seat after arriving at the park, she had an enormous hole in her tights and was pretty distressed about it. Luckily, the teacher put her mind at ease upon our arrival and she was able to (mostly) forget about it.
Stretching...
Warm Ups
Such coordination and poise!
Actually, I take that back. Amelia seems to have inherited my awkward dance moves and complete clumsiness (did I tell you that she had to go to the nurse's office at school because she ran into a door frame last week? No, not the door--the door FRAME).
This picture is evidence as to why I nearly peed in my pants while watching her class last week. Although she seems to be taking class very seriously, its just so darn funny to watch her imitate the teacher. Her heart is definitely in the right place, though. Don't believe me? Just ask her to show you her Arabesque. (And then be prepared to wet yourself! I think that move alone was worth the $40 class fee!).
And did you get a good shot of the hole? Needless to say, she now knows to leave the strings ALONE!
1 comment:
Wow...and some boys in the class too! Did they go for free?
Post a Comment