11.25.2009

Giving Thanks!

We had the chance to do just a couple of Thanksgiving activities this year. Our favorite was talking about things that we are thankful for. As long as I worded it, "Things that make us happy that are in our life", Amelia pretty much got it. This year, our list included: food, friends, swimming, family, dress up clothes, GG & Papa, Daddy, Amelia, all of my girls (Jason's contribution), the baby, Grandma Papa & Dave, and squirrels/birds/bunnies/bones (Amelia's guess at Truman's list. I was pretty proud of my girl when "the Baby" was the first item in her list!


Amelia really wanted to write on the feathers, so I had her trace some of the words. I wish I had a sample of her writing pre pre-school because it is pretty amazing at how good she has gotten at tracing letters and even forming many of them on her own.






Second only to the thankful turkey were these DELICIOUS cookies. You may recall we made the same ones last year and this is what Amelia came up with.


Again, the progress! Quite the improvement from her abstract turkey from last year!


The whole flock of turkeys (and such)!






Free reign of icing and candies makes for one happy girl!



No comments: