11.24.2008

Gobble, Gobble!

Grandma came over for a little bit on Saturday to play with Amelia, so we thought it might be fun to make some cookies together.  I found them HERE and was pretty proud of myself for choosing a recipe where I actually had to bake something, as opposed to just assembling the pieces.

For this recipe you need:

Sugar cookie dough (homemade or pre-made from the store)
white frosting
black decorating frosting
orange decorating frosting
mini M&Ms
candy corn
Amelia enjoyed decorating her cookies and making a couple of abstract turkeys.


She also liked organizing all of the M&Ms.  It seemed like a lot were put directly into her mouth.

I love these little cookies, but have you noticed a theme with our holiday celebrating?  I may need to start exploring activities outside of the food realm or we are going to all end up overweight and diabetic!

2 comments:

Camille said...

I love these cookies. You are so creative.

Jodi said...

Hey Jodi...I got a Google alert that you had linked to my cookie post so I had to come check it out (super cute little turkeys by the way!), but while I scrolling down I happened to notice that you and I are both Jodi's and our husbands are both Jason's. Of added interest is the fact that if our son (4yo) had been a girl his name would have been Amelia. Anyway...I thought it was a coincidence so I had to point it out. ;) Happy Thanksgiving!